Pulp and Paper Mill & Biomass Cogeneration Optimal Energy Solution
Reducing Energy Cost against Greenhouse Gas Emissions* to help meet Environmental Sustainability Goals†
Manage Steam, Fuel, Electricity & Cooling Water
Optimizing Energy Cost within Emissions Constraints
Optimizing Cogeneration Operation & Power Sales
Actionable Results that Reduces Energy Spend by 1 to 6%
Attractive ROI (typical payback under 1 year)
Energy Real-Time Optimizer (ERTO)
Online system for utilities management
Allows operators and engineers to have detailed coverage in four distinct areas:
- Monitoring: Monitoring the steam, electric, water and fuel systems. Assists in steam system management by monitoring all variables and provides warnings of important changes.
- Optimization: Optimizes the production and use of steam, fuel and power to reduce costs. Recommends how to operate the utility system at minimum cost solving the mixed-integer and discrete non-linear optimization problem with an SQP-based method.
- "What If?" Planning: Predicts how the fuel, power and steam will respond to proposed changes, such as turbine maintenance, a new cogen steam process or change of process, shutdowns, etc. using current, historical, or user-defined data.
- Auditing, Accounting and Data Validation: Auditing the system with continuously validated data. Mass Balance closure is determined at every location where enough instrumentation is available.
Pulp and Paper Mill & Biomass Cogeneration
- Pulp Mill Steam Users - Digester, Washer & Screener, Bleacher, Press & Bry
- Paper Mill Steam Users - Head Box, Sheet Formers, Press Dry, Calender Stock
- Switchable Pumps - Demineralizer, Cooling Water
- Cooling Water System; Pumps Running & Fan Speeds
- Steam Generation - HP Boilers, Recovery Boilers, Cogeneration
- Electricity Generation
- Fuel Consumption & Emissions - Natural Gas, Bark, Black Liquor, Fuel Oil
- Biomass Cogeneration Operation & Bioenergy Power Sales
- Cogeneration Turbines Maintenance, Startup or Shutdown
Pulp & Paper Mill energy cost is a major, variable, operating expense and Biomass Cogeneration Plants, while meeting mill power and steam requirements, presents potential opportunity for additional revenue stream.
VisualMesa Energy Management and Optimization system, using best in class technology, determines how to manage your fuel, steam, turbine loading & maintenance and much more reliably and provides significant cost savings through the economic optimization.
The VisualMesa system is an Operator Tool. A real-time model, which considers plant control strategies and system reaction to changes in the utilities, gives operators direct advice on how best to operate complex, interactive systems to minimize cost. Operators receive advice on how to set cogeneration steam production, chilled water supply and the export of steam.
In addition, maybe used for optimizing real-time cogeneration power sales to the grid.